Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Honeymoon is Over and Reality is Setting In.

It has been quite a week, a rollercoaster to say the least.  The first part of the week was so great!  The last part of the week has still been good, but has been very emotional.  It is part of the physical cleansing and emotional healing.  I have been on a very cleansing juice throughout the week, but today starts my official juice cleanse to detox my body of all the chemicals and toxins that have been floating around for a long time that make it difficult to fight cancer or any other disease for that matter. I will be on this cleanse for a minimum of 10 days and hopefully I can make it the full 16 days.  It just depends on when I hit my wall.  I have heard from other patients that you hit a wall and then you know you are done and then they transition you slowly into a solid diet.  Right now nothing sounds good or tastes good, so even though I feel a little hungry, I have no desire to eat.  Another typical response to detox.  One thing that I have found interesting is that each of our cells also becomes toxic with negative emotions.  Our emotional experiences even from childhood imprint themselves on the DNA of each of our cells, so detoxing also releases a lot of those toxins and brings a lot of emotions to the surface.  This has been very hard for me because I am the type of person that tries very hard to hold it together, and I am not holding it together that well, but this is a good thing because it is a great release of a lot of emotional stress, which is very healing and detoxing. What I am learning is that this is a complete mind, body and spirit healing experience and that is why they offer so many healing modalities. 

In addition to IPT with chemo and vitamin C infusions, I have also had structural integration, colonics (not fun, but very beneficial in the detox) psychotherapy, yoga, and physical fitness by a personal trainer.  Next week there will be a new onslaught of therapies including lymphatic massage and drainage, EWOT which is exercise with oxygen therapy, infrared sauna, chelation therapy which helps remove heavy metals from the body which are very toxic.  It makes for a full week and full days.  It starts at 8 and doesn't usually get through until 4 or 5 pm. 

As with any journey, you are going to hit some bumps in the road or as they say it is not always smooth sailing and I am told that I am entering that part of the experience right now.  It will get better and I know that this is where I am supposed to be.  I am grateful that I feel as good as I do from a physical standpoint.  IPT does not cut you off at your knees as conventional therapy does because they are using only 10% of the normal dose and the majority of that makes a direct hit on the cancer cells.  The detoxing is probably the hardest part right now, but I will get through it. 

I miss my family a ton and I am just grateful for the support of my sister who is here with me and also brother.  I appreciate so very much the support my family is getting from everyone in the ward and from family.  I feel so blessed.   

No comments:

Post a Comment