Saturday, October 30, 2010

This isn't easy

I have officially completed two full weeks of treatment, which include four IPT/chemo treatments.  All has gone well, but I just haven't felt very well.  I am on day eight of a juice fast/detox and that has been a trip on its own, not to mention the other therapies.  On the days I don't have IPT I have high-dose vitamin C.  What is weird, is I feel worse on high dose vitamin C than I do on chemo, but it is highly effective.  In fact, I actually have a huge medical journal article showing that the FDA approves high dose vitamin C as a cancer treatment because of its cytotoxic effects on the cell. 

Other therapeutic treatments I have had this week for immume building and detoxing have been colonics, accupuncture, structural integration, infrared sauna, exercise with oxygen therapy, hyper ozone blood therapy, lymphatic drainage, yoga, psychotherapy, as well as exercise and food prep classes.   It makes for very busy days and I come home pretty tired.  It is hard to keep the blog up to date just because I don't want to do much once I get home.

As far as home goes, I was staying with my brother for the first few days, but the drive with traffice was very stressful and challenging.  My sister and I found a condo to rent just five minutes from the center and it is really nice and fully furnished.  It is a much better arrangement given how I have felt lately.  I am not complaining, it is all part of the process and I know it will get better.  Let's face it, this is still cancer treatment and I don't care how you slice it up, it is no picnic.

I ask for your prayers in my behalf more than ever.   I know the power of prayer and faith of many, and feel grateful for all of the thoughts, prayers, texts and messages I have received.  It really brings me up especially on my bad days.   All in all, things are going very well and I know this is for such a short time.  I can do this!

1 comment: